This gives you an overview of everything we offer at the Savoia Excelsior Palace for your luxury vacation in Italy.
building and artistic interiors
The Savoia Excelsior Palace has been totally renovated with the interiors and façade restored to the grandeur of the building's original Grand Hotel XIX century architecture, while featuring contemporary conveniences and technology. Inside, the walls have been fitted with a classical plasterwork boiserie, reminiscent of stunning Mitteleuropean interiors.
Our hotel is an historic building designed by the renowned XIX Austrian architect, Ladislaus Fiedler. The Savoia Excelsior Palace first opened in 1912 and was quickly reputed to be "the most imposing and luxurious hotel in the Austro-Hungarian Empire". The façade is decorated with classical sculptures and columns; its wide balconies give you breathtaking views of the Gulf of Trieste and the distant Castello di Miramare.
Rooms and suites
The 142 rooms and suites are decorated in a classical style with a dash of contemporary taste. Sumptuous, elegant fabrics such as leather and silk… Calacatta marble… monogrammed cushions… the greatest care has been taken with the smallest detail. Many have private classical balconies - perfect for your luxury vacation in Italy.
The Savoy restaurant and Le Rive bar are located in the lobby with magnificent views of the Gulf. Le Rive, featuring a majestic shell- shaped ceiling, is one of the city's most prestigious meeting spots. Large panoramic windows provide unparalleled views of the Gulf of Trieste.
A large nineteenth-century pavilion style skylight fills the winter garden with natural light. This area serves as the hotel library.
The conference centre boasts 9 meeting rooms for a total capacity of up to 650 people with a maximum capacity of 320 people in the largest meeting room. The meeting rooms have undergone restoration work on the frescoes, the lighting systems and the boiseries. All Meeting Rooms benefit from natural day light and 6 of them provide a magnificent view of the Gulf of Trieste.
The Savoia Excelsior Palace can be found at Riva del Mandracchio, 4 - 34124 Trieste.
From the station
- From the Central Train Station (800 mt), take the bus N. 8 or N. 30 right to the Stop in front of the Hotel You can't miss the grand entrance to the Savoia Excelsior Palace.
From the motorway
- From the A4 Venice/Trieste Highway (27 km), take the exit for Sistiana/Trieste Centro and follow directions to the centre of Trieste. Once, on the seafront and near Piazza Unità D'Italia (the spectacular Centre Square of Trieste), you can't miss the grand entrance to the Savoia Excelsior Palace.
From the airport
- From the Ronchi del Legionari airport (35 km) take the bus for Trieste to the Central Train Station stop and follow the directions above to reach our hotel.
- Full American Buffet Breakfast
- Savoy Restaurant
- Le Rive Bar
- Pillowmania (choice of your favourite pillow)
- My Starbeauty toiletries
- Safety deposit box in every room and at the reception
- Garage with valet service (Chargeable)
- Pay TV
- Wi-Fi Internet service available for free throughout the hotel's common areas and rooms: "Free 24h"
- Wii Fit Nintendo (on request)
- Room Service
- Les Clef's d'Or Concierge Service
- 9 meeting rooms up to 650 seats
- Largest meeting room up to 320 seats
- Golf (20 minutes)